Re: How to fix no network service when roaming

Visitor
‎14-01-2022 06:30 PM

Hi. Has anybody had any luck getting data to work in the Canaries? I'm in Purto Rico Gran Canaria.

I've been trying to get it to work for the last 3 YEARS on my visits here. I've followed all the guides and had loads of fruitless conversations on CHAT and still not getting data.

I've a Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo but I doubt it's a fault with the phone.

After this holiday I'm throwing in the towel and moving to another operator. This situation is ridiculous. 48months should just tell us that data connections abroad are unreliable or don't work.

Regards

Dermot

0 Likes

Newcomer
‎15-01-2022 09:39 PM
I’m over in Lanzarote data wouldn’t work changed the settings got it working now it’s down again any ideas
Posted from Apple iPhone
0 Likes

Newcomer
‎16-01-2022 01:21 AM
I've just arrived in Austria. I'm able to make calls and texts but no internet connection. Tried pretty much everything I could like manually switching networks, using auto networks, adding APNs, deleting APNs.

Anything else I'm missing?
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
0 Likes

Newcomer
‎16-01-2022 09:32 AM

Hi! Same problem from the day before yesterday in Alicante Spain. The Internet is gone, but it shows a 3G network. I do not know what to do.Until this day, everything worked well. I checked the roaming, there are still more than 2 GB of unused.

Regards,Edward

0 Likes

Newcomer
‎16-01-2022 04:36 PM
I have no service I’m abroad in cyprus I’m iPhone 6
Posted from Apple iPhone
0 Likes

Newcomer
‎18-02-2022 09:22 PM
Not working for me in Belgium either! I’ve tried the above, and also spent : hours on and off chat support (who have been useless). Sick of this problem when I travel abroad.
Posted from Apple iPhone
0 Likes

Newcomer
‎19-02-2022 02:01 PM

I have had the same problem before in Belgium - Could get service but unable to get data working with various APN configurations

I am now in Italy and I cannot get Service for calls working or data. I believe it is due to the fact when selecting 'International Roaming profile' the phone networks here only make available LTE and 5G for iPhone 12 Pro and 13 Pro (as they are 5G handsets)

Roaming only works with 3G and this option is not available

0 Likes

Newcomer
‎22-03-2022 11:21 AM
Thanks, I tried this but unfortunately it didn't work. I have coverage for about 30secs and the it goes again. When selecting the network manually they all come out as "forbidden". I was in Milan where coverage is normally excellent, this is unacceptable. I was completely unreachable and I had to work. No phone reception or data.
Posted from Google Pixel 4a (5G)
0 Likes

(Re: How to fix no network service when roaming

Newcomer
‎11-04-2022 01:56 PM

The same is happening to me in Italy. It won't connect to any network if left to automatic selection so I tried to manually connect to all the networks available (Wind, Tim, 3 ITA, even vodafone) but none of them works and now they're all "forbidden".

I'm also considering switching provider at this stage, given it's such a widespread issue

0 Likes

Re: (Re: How to fix no network service when roaming

The Legend
‎11-04-2022 03:48 PM

Is there anything of use here?

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/The-Roaming-Troubleshooting-Guide/ta-p/52179

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
0 Likes

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community