cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bye Bye 48!

FelipeS2288
Visitor

After hearing from others who complained a lot that EU/UK Roaming never worked so well in other EU/UK countries so I won't risk it anymore and I've canceled 48 and got Three back again I never had any problems before. So I wish good luck to others who will or will not try to use EU/UK Roaming. Bye Bye 48!

1 REPLY 1

FelipeS2288
Visitor

Another person said: 

Short answer: If you like to travel, don't use a Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO).

MVNOs in Ireland are 48, GoMo, Tesco, Clear Mobile, An Post, etc,. You're much better off with the main operators, although 3 should be avoided due to awful customer relations issues.

MVNOs have A LOT of problems providing services when roaming. Over the years, myself and the family have tried a variety of handsets, and have been with 48, Tesco, and GoMo. We always have problems roaming, with no mobile network access at all or only partiel functions (e.g. receive calls but not make them). We have engaged with the support communities and network chat many many times, followed all the best practice and recommended settings, to the point that we now know that MVNOs cannot provide reliable roaming services.