cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Me Too'd this topic

iMessage & FaceTime Activation

Anon
Not applicable
This seems to be an issue for all users of iPhones on the 48 network.

Both will not activate using my mobile number so therefore I am stick sending & reviewing from my email address rather than my phone number. Previous correspondence with the 48 team told me that it was my phone that was at fault & gave me a million & one settings to check, Automatic date & time etc..

NOTHING WORKED

After two trips two the UK in the past six weeks it has become apparent that it is in fact the 48 network at fault.

On my first trip to the UK immediately after landing & turning off airplane mode my iMessage & FaceTime both activated with my number & I could select my send / receive address...

Arrived back in Dublin, Switch off airplane mode & back to square one!!

Went to the UK & again problem was IMMEDIATELY rectified!!

I read on Apple Support previously that some networks block certain settings / texts for phones & this seems to be the case with 48 as it is a no frills network!

Don't get me wrong I am a huge fan of 48 & would love to get this problem sorted!

I look forward to hearing back 🙂

One quick bit of info.. Originality started with an iPhone 4 (factory unlocked) but was used on O2 network & Thought this might have been the issue & have since bought a new iPhone 5 (also factory unlocked) & nothing

Who Me Too'd this topic