Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
50% helpful (1/2)
jess_48
Community Manager
Community Manager

Donate Data.PNG

In April 2020, we launched our flexi data features, giving 48 customers the power to do more with data. Flexi data gives you the option to donate up to 5GB of data every month to our charity partners, or alternatively, you can also choose to swap it, save it, share it... the choice is yours! To learn more about flexi data, see our flexi data guide.

Thanks to our amazing 48 customers, who have embraced Flexi data. In February 2022, we hit a huge milestone by raising over a whooping €100K for our charity partner, FoodCloud 👏👏

FoodCloud

FoodCloud helps to tackle one of the major contributors to climate change – Food waste – which produces 8% of global greenhouse emissions, GHGs. They connect food suppliers who often have a surplus of goods with local causes who often have too little, so that unsold food can be passed on.

To find out more on FoodCloud, click here.

For every GB you give, FoodCloud can rescue 1 meal, saving 1.5 kilos of CO2 from being released into the atmosphere.

To see the latest total donations by 48 customers, visit our benefits page.

Welcome our New Charity Partner!

With that being said, we challenged ourselves to do more and have since welcomed a new charity partner to the 48 Team, spunout.

spunout

spunout is Ireland’s youth information website, created for young people, by young people. They provide easy access to relevant, reliable and non-judgemental information. Find out more about spunout, here.

For every GB you give, spunout can support the information needs of one young person on topics including mental health, relationships, and employment.

This means you now have the option to donate up to 5GB to either partner from your monthly plan allowance.

FAQs

How do I donate my Data?

Login to your My48 > Flexi Data > Donate and you’ll be able to select the GBs you wish to donate. The Donate feature is available in both the app and web version of My48. You’ll need to have an active plan, and then you can donate, save or carryover up to 5GB once every month. To know more about all our Flexi data feature, see our guide here.

Can I view how much data I’ve donated?

Absolutely! Login to your My48 > Flexi Data > Donate and you’ll see the total donations you’ve made. You’ll also see the total donations made by 48 customers.

Can I donate to both charity partners in the same month?

You can donate up to 5GB to either Foodcloud or spunout once per month. There’s 12 months of donations to share, just rotate your donations every month.

Was this article helpful? Yes No
Version history
Last update:
‎03-07-2023 04:04 PM
Updated by:
Contributors