Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

phone won't save new apn settings

Anon
‎25-11-2015 05:56 PM
Hi, I inherited an old phone which was fine with 2 old providers. Phone is not locked to other providers. I followed step by step instructions to change settings frm yr site. I choose option to save apn settings and they disappear. Have done few times Smiley Sad no luck 48 appears on list of network operators with 2 other providers but cannot tick them as no option. Tried resetting apns before I carried out instructions again but still no luck. Switched on data roaming in case that would help but nothing. This is really bad.. Have just spent 20e and now no mms no phone no internet SOS can you help me! Recd messages with settings however they wud nt save/open/install and disappeared after I clicked them.
0 Likes

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: phone won't save new apn settin

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎25-11-2015 06:26 PM

What make and model of phone is it?

Did you try these instructions for configuring your internet/APN settings?

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet/m-p/34493#M12560

Do calls and texts work OK?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.

View solution in context

0 Likes

All Replies
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎25-11-2015 06:26 PM

What make and model of phone is it?

Did you try these instructions for configuring your internet/APN settings?

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet/m-p/34493#M12560

Do calls and texts work OK?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Anon
‎26-11-2015 12:24 PM

wouldn't work last night despite repeated entry so was desolate and switched off. Works now-APN shows 48months.liffeytelecom.com three times with one selected-am now v v v happy Smiley Happy Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted

The Legend
‎26-11-2015 12:25 PM
Great - glad you got it sorted even if it was only by chance. :-)

0 Likes

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community