cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do I need to do to be able to make international calls?

LizM8706
Newcomer

Have tried adding credit, still won't work. No idea how to get customer care. Help

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What exactly do you mean by "credit" here?

You need an active membership AND cash credit on your account in order to be able to make international calls.

Do you have both?

What happens when you try to call?

Any messages/error messages?

In order to contact 48 support see the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

I have a tariff in which I pay 48(Three) the amount of €12.99 every month by Direct Debit. The account for My48 is showing that I have unlimited calls and texts. (This is incorrect because it's limited to Ireland, but never mind that ambiguity). It also shows that I get data up to 200G in Ireland and 14G roaming, both per month. It also shows that I have 2 cents (€0.02) credit. I guess (not at all sure) that I can add to this credit so that I can send txts abroad from Ireland and make calls abroad from Ireland. So, suppose I add €20 credit to My48 account. I guess that I'd then be able to make calls abroad from Ireland. But I'm wondering what happens when I'm on a long call to Hong Kong. Will I be cut off when the credit runs out? I guess this info is buried somewhere in 48(Three)'s Ts&Cs, but it would take me hours to find it - assuming it's published online.

> The account for My48 is showing that I have unlimited calls and texts. (This is incorrect because it's limited to Ireland, but never mind that ambiguity)

It's explained here:

> I guess (not at all sure) that I can add to this credit so that I can send txts abroad from Ireland and make calls abroad from Ireland.

Correct.

> But I'm wondering what happens when I'm on a long call to Hong Kong. Will I be cut off when the credit runs out?

Yes.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.