Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Registering on a network abroad

Visitor
‎20-04-2015 09:15 PM

I am currently studying in Germany on erasmus and my 48 has been fine until last week. I am on the standard membership (not offered anymore). My problem is registering on a network. Haven't had any problems with it before but it just wont work now at all so my phone is useless.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Registering on a network abroad

Anon
‎20-04-2015 09:39 PM
Hey,

that's strange... to be on 48 it'd require your phone to be unlocked - which is why im having trouble understanding why yours isnt working....

hmm. how many german networks have you tried signing up with?
0 Likes
Highlighted

Visitor
‎20-04-2015 09:42 PM

Yea my phone is unlocked! I was just in London for two days and it worked no problem. But as soon as I got back it just won't work. 4 options come up but none of them work - O2, Vodafone, Telekom and E plus

0 Likes
Highlighted

The Legend
‎20-04-2015 10:00 PM

You mean it was working fine in Germany until recently and now it no longer works?

What make and model of phone is it?

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Visitor
‎20-04-2015 10:15 PM

Yep it has been working fine since I got here in October! It is a Samsung Galaxy s3

0 Likes
Highlighted

The Legend
‎20-04-2015 10:28 PM
Could some settings have changed when roaming in London that now prevent you from roaming in Germany?
Do you have a current 48 membership?
What happens when you try to manually connect to one of the German networks?
Any error messages?
Can you try your sim in another unlocked phone?
Can you try another sim in your phone?

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
Posted from Generic Android 4.0
0 Likes
Highlighted

Visitor
‎21-04-2015 11:42 AM

Before it was saying error could not register and this morning it has switched to your sim card does not allow a connection. Yep I have membership and credit in my account. No settings changed when I went to London.

Should I send away for a new sim?

0 Likes
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎21-04-2015 12:04 PM

I don't know if a new SIM will address the problem.

Try powering off, cleaning the SIM contacts with a dry/fine cloth and reseating it in case that helps.

You may need to contact 48 support for advice here:

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Visitor
‎21-04-2015 05:11 PM

I wiped the sim with my glasses cloth and that seemed to do the trick! It didn't register on o2 but its registered now on Telekom. Thanks for all the help!

0 Likes
Highlighted

The Legend
‎21-04-2015 05:14 PM

Ha ha. I didn't expect that to work but glad it did! Man LOL

0 Likes

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community