Re: My phone won't accept my SIM card?

Rock Star
‎11-11-2013 09:35 PM

Hi again...

Thank's for posting that... still bewildered how that did not come into play when you put your sim into the handset you now use!... strange!

It's real good info because as mentioned, this issue come's up alot in the forum...

Thank's again.
Posted from Samsung GT-I9100
0 Likes

Visitor
‎11-11-2013 10:00 PM
Unlocks and activation policy's are linked, when apple unlock your phone they apply an activation policy to it that it can activate certain sims only - as he changed my policy and it then allowed 48 to activate. Strange as I would have taught unlocked is unlocked. I was lucky to have a contact in apple that was a supervisor as he dealt with an issue I had with a phone replacement phone a fess week ago and he was very helpful so I mailed him directly.
Posted from Apple iPad
1 Like

The Legend
‎11-11-2013 11:02 PM

@duanejames wrote:

@SMTP server would be just to allow you to send mail while using 48, not a email address @48.ie just a outgoing mail server.

OK - thanks. But why can I send email with, say, Hotmail and Gmail but others may not be able to send email via other mail providers?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.
0 Likes

Visitor
‎11-11-2013 11:30 PM
Hotmail and gmail's outgoing SMTP mail server requires you to authenticate (it verifies you are who you are when you send a mail out by checking your username and password) but most other mail providers don't and what they do is only allow you send mail if you are on their network - example would be you try to send a eircom mail while on Vodafone or O2 and it fails but if you put the Vodafone or O2 SMTP server address into your mail settings for outgoing mail the mail goes out via their SMTP server which allows you to send mail provided you are on their network (using a phone on their network) - hope thats understandable
Posted from Apple iPad
1 Like

The Legend
‎11-11-2013 11:44 PM

OK - thanks - that makes sense alright.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.
0 Likes

Newcomer
‎27-12-2017 09:32 PM
I had the same problem.
My phone is definitely unlocked and my friends sims from other networks work in my phone.
48 keep telling me its not their problem and that there is "no issue" their end.
Since they cannot seem to help with this at all I have to move networks and to be honest I would recommend that any one does the same.
Posted from Apple iPhone
0 Likes

The Legend
‎27-12-2017 09:40 PM

You never posted about the issue here as far as I can see.

Unfortunately due to the stupid way that Apple do things they make it difficult for iPhone users to get up and running on virtual networks such as 48.

I expect that it's one of the problems that they cause that is the root of the problem here.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes

The Legend
‎28-12-2017 12:53 AM
Did that help at all @rickyfeerick?

Posted from Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
0 Likes

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community