cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring a tiny Nokia

BerP7250
Visitor
I intend switching my father to 48 but he has a tiny Nokia 2720 phone which I think will be impossible to use while configuring etc. Would it be possible to use a different smartphone to switch & then transfer the configured SIM into his phone?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Are you sure that you configured things correctly?

https://community.48.ie/t5/Other-Help/Internet-not-working-on-HUAWEI-ASCEND-g6-u10/m-p/34493#M12560

I'm not sure why you are configuring message settings and tethering settings but I'm not familiar with that model of phone.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

To configure what exactly?

If you mean APN settings then no these are not stored in the SIM but in the phone so have to be configured there.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

BerP7250
Visitor
Hi yes I meant to configure the phone. Apparently the APN needs to be changed when switching to 48. I am hoping not to have to do it manually as it is a tiny screen. So I guess I have to configure the phone that will be using the 48 sim.card?

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Yes you have to configure the internet/APN settings on the Nokia with the SIM installed.
As I said those settings are stored on the phone itself and not the SIM so you can't do it elsewhere and then just move the SIM and expect the internet/APN settings to move too.

Hope this helps.

BerP7250
Visitor
Have done the APN- 3 times under Data Settings, Message Settings and Tethering settings. However when I go to Google to log into 48 I am getting an Untrusted Connection message & it will not allow me connect with any site.

Are you sure that you configured things correctly?

https://community.48.ie/t5/Other-Help/Internet-not-working-on-HUAWEI-ASCEND-g6-u10/m-p/34493#M12560

I'm not sure why you are configuring message settings and tethering settings but I'm not familiar with that model of phone.

Hope this helps.