Accepted Solution

Configuring a tiny Nokia

Visitor
‎29-10-2020 06:07 AM
I intend switching my father to 48 but he has a tiny Nokia 2720 phone which I think will be impossible to use while configuring etc. Would it be possible to use a different smartphone to switch & then transfer the configured SIM into his phone?
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
0 Likes

Accepted Solutions

Re: Configuring a tiny Nokia

The Legend
‎29-10-2020 10:28 AM

Are you sure that you configured things correctly?

https://community.48.ie/t5/Other-Help/Internet-not-working-on-HUAWEI-ASCEND-g6-u10/m-p/34493#M12560

I'm not sure why you are configuring message settings and tethering settings but I'm not familiar with that model of phone.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.

View solution in context

0 Likes

All Replies

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎29-10-2020 08:42 AM

To configure what exactly?

If you mean APN settings then no these are not stored in the SIM but in the phone so have to be configured there.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.
0 Likes

Visitor
‎29-10-2020 09:07 AM
Hi yes I meant to configure the phone. Apparently the APN needs to be changed when switching to 48. I am hoping not to have to do it manually as it is a tiny screen. So I guess I have to configure the phone that will be using the 48 sim.card?
0 Likes
Highlighted

The Legend
‎29-10-2020 09:53 AM
Yes you have to configure the internet/APN settings on the Nokia with the SIM installed.
As I said those settings are stored on the phone itself and not the SIM so you can't do it elsewhere and then just move the SIM and expect the internet/APN settings to move too.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes

Visitor
‎29-10-2020 10:08 AM
Have done the APN- 3 times under Data Settings, Message Settings and Tethering settings. However when I go to Google to log into 48 I am getting an Untrusted Connection message & it will not allow me connect with any site.
0 Likes

The Legend
‎29-10-2020 10:28 AM

Are you sure that you configured things correctly?

https://community.48.ie/t5/Other-Help/Internet-not-working-on-HUAWEI-ASCEND-g6-u10/m-p/34493#M12560

I'm not sure why you are configuring message settings and tethering settings but I'm not familiar with that model of phone.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community