Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

“Bundle in progress”

Newcomer
‎07-12-2020 11:27 AM

This morning I went and purchased a new €9.99 membership in the 48 app as my previous one had run out. Although the transaction went through and the money has been taken from my bank card, my new membership is not showing up on my 48 account. When I try to repurchase a membership it says that I am not allowed to purchase memberships, since I have a bundle in progress. I now have no active membership leaving my phone useless. If someone could please get back to me with a solution it would be much appreciated. I have been trying to use the 48 web chat which apparently is not available. 

1 Like

Re: “Bundle in progress”

Newcomer
‎07-12-2020 11:40 AM
Im same but difference i s no DD taken SO I WAS CUT OFF, I went to pay and says cant get bundle as already in one, so I've no phone calls or texts in which I need for work , cheers 48 , im so sorry I joined ye once issue after another since I joined , ye are impossible to contact, or talk to , com reg is my next stop
Posted from Samsung SM-A515F
1 Like

The Legend
‎07-12-2020 12:25 PM

You will both need to contact 48 support about these issues as only they and not anybody here on the community forum will be able to explain and sort it out.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then please see here.
0 Likes

Newcomer
‎07-12-2020 12:31 PM

Same issue here this morning - no calls no internet, unable to renew :-( Very very sad....

0 Likes

[ Edited ]
Newcomer
‎07-12-2020 12:32 PM

if only there are ways to reach out to them (support)...

0 Likes

The Legend
‎07-12-2020 12:32 PM

There are - see the link in my signature and the chat option here:

https://48.ie/help

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then please see here.
0 Likes

Newcomer
‎07-12-2020 12:40 PM

This exact issue has also happened to me as of this morning, having previously been able to buy memberships without any problems using the same debit card. I see from other forum threads that other people have also encountered this problem, with one person saying they'd been dealing with it for 4 months!

I managed to get through on web chat who have 'escalated' it to their 'technical team', but the response time is 7-10 working days! Neither the support chat or the other forum threads seem to have revealed why this is happening, but there are threads going back to 2013 which means that, whatever the problem is, 48 might be fixing issues on a case-by-case basis but arent doing anything to solve it as a general issue.

I'll post again if and when I get an update/resolution, but it looks like the simplest thing to do for the sake of sanity is to ditch 48 and go with Go-Mo if the issue persists. Only reason I'm not doing that straight away is that the €7.99 is already debited, so I want to get this month out of it at least if I can, because imagine the rigmarole that would be involved in looking for a refund via (almost non-existent) web chat!

1 Like

Newcomer
‎07-12-2020 12:40 PM
This is very poor. No internet. Cant make calls. Not good enough
Posted from Samsung SM-G965F
0 Likes

Newcomer
‎07-12-2020 01:11 PM

@GordonB0997 wrote:

This exact issue has also happened to me as of this morning, having previously been able to buy memberships without any problems using the same debit card. I see from other forum threads that other people have also encountered this problem, with one person saying they'd been dealing with it for 4 months!

I managed to get through on web chat who have 'escalated' it to their 'technical team', but the response time is 7-10 working days! Neither the support chat or the other forum threads seem to have revealed why this is happening, but there are threads going back to 2013 which means that, whatever the problem is, 48 might be fixing issues on a case-by-case basis but arent doing anything to solve it as a general issue.

I'll post again if and when I get an update/resolution, but it looks like the simplest thing to do for the sake of sanity is to ditch 48 and go with Go-Mo if the issue persists. Only reason I'm not doing that straight away is that the €7.99 is already debited, so I want to get this month out of it at least if I can, because imagine the rigmarole that would be involved in looking for a refund via (almost non-existent) web chat!

Update: I was just in the act of looking up Go Mo pricing (turns out their data offering is now 120GB by the way, up from 80GB when the launched and 20GB more than the top-level 48 offering, albeit for an extra €5 a month), and happened to jump back into the 48 app where I see that my membership is now active! Obviously happy with this, but I haven't received any communication from any 'technical team' so I think it may be a fluke rather than an actual resolution. I'm now worried that we'll get a typically Irish outcome where the technical team will come to look at it in a few days and actually break it again, but I'll wait and see.

Happy enough now for this month, but I'll be watching it like a hawk next month and if the same issue every arises again I'll be straight over to Go-Mo - extra €5 a month is worth it if you've getting better customer service/fewer hiccups (though as a subsidiary of Eir, I'm amazed at that fact too. That 48 would be falling below even that standard is not a good place for them to be).

0 Likes

Newcomer
‎07-12-2020 01:19 PM

Bundle in progress update - I eventually got chatting to someone from 48 on the web chat to try and resolve this issue. I was eventually able to go in on the 48 website on my laptop and repurchase a membership so that I can use my phone without being left without a membership. My debit card was charged twice for my membership as the first transaction this morning failed on the 48 mobile app. I was informed that the second charge to my debit card will be used for my membership next month but that my debit card would not be refunded the money. So while it took ages for the web chat to be available on the 48 website my advice is to keep checking until it is available as this seems to be a problem that needs to be addressed on a case to case basis. 

0 Likes

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community