Sms messages

Visitor
‎05-05-2021 01:50 AM
I have been unable to send or receive sms messages since porting my number. Also unable to receive verification text messages from bank etc. Anybody any idea how to solve this please. Thank you
Posted from OPPO CPH2185
0 Likes

Re: Sms messages

The Legend
‎05-05-2021 08:59 AM
Is the SMSC number set correctly?
Try this

https://deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/oppo/a72-android-10-0/messaging/set-up-your-phone-for-text-messa...

but instead of the Vodafone SMSC number mentioned there use the 48 one.
See here:

https://community.48.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/Problems-sending-a-text/td-p/984

If that doesn't help then you'll have to contact 48 support.
See the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
0 Likes

Visitor
‎06-05-2021 08:10 AM
Thanks so much I am now receiving messages saying someone is trying to access my account from unknown device but still no verification code messages. I've sent email as suggested
Posted from OPPO CPH2185
0 Likes

The Legend
‎06-05-2021 09:40 AM
So you can now send/receive "regular" text messages after configuring the SMSC number correctly?
But you're not receiving verification code messages?
From what services?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.
0 Likes

Visitor
‎06-05-2021 10:45 AM
Hi had to put the sim in another phone to insert the SMSC number because on checking it was the number of my previous provider. Don't know why cos it was a new SIM and new phone. I also had to download another messaging app cos it still wouldn't work. As it stands now stil not receiving text with verification code from Amazon, PayPal, Bank of Ireland. Spoke to Amazon they said all was ok their end I checked the telephone number and country code all was correct. Amazon said messages were definitely being sent it was an issue with my provider. I'm also not able to send picture messages, but I can live with that. I did speak to 2 people on chat after they checked all my settings they just said 48 does not block any numbers and then they end the chat with Thank you. Sorry for waffling 😁
Posted from OPPO CPH2185
0 Likes

The Legend
‎06-05-2021 11:21 AM

@Kerryc9216 wrote:
Hi had to put the sim in another phone to insert the SMSC number because on checking it was the number of my previous provider. Don't know why cos it was a new SIM and new phone. I also had to download another messaging app cos it still wouldn't work. As it stands now stil not receiving text with verification code from Amazon, PayPal, Bank of Ireland. Spoke to Amazon they said all was ok their end I checked the telephone number and country code all was correct. Amazon said messages were definitely being sent it was an issue with my provider. I'm also not able to send picture messages, but I can live with that. I did speak to 2 people on chat after they checked all my settings they just said 48 does not block any numbers and then they end the chat with Thank you. Sorry for waffling 😁

Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately it looks like some 48 users hit this problem with not receiving such two factor authentication security text messages.

It doesn't make sense to me (and I and many others have no problems receiving such texts) why this happens and unfortunately it looks like 48 have not been able to explain it or sort it out for some users.

I agree that if you can't get such texts then it makes 48 useless for you... Man Sad

0 Likes

Visitor
‎06-05-2021 12:25 PM
Hi thanks for reply I have emailed them so they might be able to suggest something. I did ask them if the sim itself might be the issue maybe an incomplete porting or something. I'll see what they suggest. Thanks so much for your help much appreciated
Posted from OPPO CPH2185
0 Likes

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎06-05-2021 02:34 PM

Unfortunately some others have had the same problem with security texts and were never able to get it sorted so I think that they had to leave 48. Hopefully that's not the case here but it might be...

0 Likes

Newcomer
‎08-05-2021 01:25 PM
hi all , I'm having terrible trouble receiving text message replies. my message sends no problem but I'm not getting my replies until 7 or 8 days later..
are there new settings I can try or os this a network issue.....I've cleared cache many times but still happens
0 Likes

The Legend
‎08-05-2021 03:48 PM
That's very odd.
What make and model of phone?
You might need to contact 48 support and ask them about this.
See the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk

Hope this helps.

0 Likes

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community