Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Imessage and Facetime not Activating

Newcomer
‎27-09-2020 01:42 PM

Hi I recently moved from vodafone to 48 and since then I cannot activate my Imessage or Facetime. I have been in an Apple Support for 3 hours now and still no luck. I have searched "Ask The Community" and some people previously had this issue. According to the posts back in 2013, 48 isnt recognised as an official carrier by Apple and since they then have to send a verification code, the verification code costs 25c to send and every account only has 1c in them so this means we cannot use our numbers now to activate Imessage or Facetime. Please either get the carrier recognised or fill our account with the €7.99 a month so that we can get the verification codes. If you lose coverage or turn on airplane mode it will need to be verified again which is why not having money in the account is an issue. Please fix this issue or a lot of people will have to switch back to previous carriers and plans.

Any help to resolve this issue would be received greatfully.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Imessage and Facetime not Activating

The Legend
‎27-09-2020 02:16 PM
In my opinion this is Apple's problem and not 48's.
It makes no sense that they insist on this stupid "activation" process (for the iPhone itself and then for iMessage and FaceTime).
I think you should ask Apple to cease this practice.
BTW UK/international SMSs cost 7.38c and not 25c on 48.

https://48.ie/charges/international-calls

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then please see here.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
0 Likes
Highlighted

Newcomer
‎27-09-2020 02:34 PM

I was on a call with them for 3 hours and have gathered a lot of information. First of all since 48 is connected some part with 3 we should technincally be able to get all this sorted if the right things were done at 48 (This is what I was told, dont shoot the messenger). Also international texting is the problem apparently as Apple have a number (48369) and if you can send HELP to that number and the message is delivered Apple can fix the issue. However 48 doesnt allow this type of texting and thus the message cannot be sent. The imessage system works in such a way that when it is being "activated" 48 is essentially texting apple and asking to pair the number with your apple id. That is the system in laymans terms. This basically means while yes it is a flawed system in a way, it does keep the whole system safer and Apple cant help us however 48 can. This is what I gathered from the 3 hours talking.

0 Likes
Highlighted

The Legend
‎27-09-2020 03:10 PM
So Apple are blaming somebody else and not accepting responsibility for the stupid way that that they do things?
No surprise there.
They should take note that users of non iPhones don't have any of these problems.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then please see here.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Newcomer
‎27-09-2020 08:09 PM
I did that myself yesterday. Just buy a €1 credit from 48 website or 48 app. Make sure iMessage turned ON, Apply 15 minutes maximum than you will get your iMessage and FaceTime done.
Posted from Apple iPhone
0 Likes
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎27-09-2020 08:18 PM

Yes that's the only way to do it.
Have enough cash credit on your account to cover the cost of the UK SMS messages (7.39c each) that Apple's ridiculous "activation" process needs for the iPhone, iMessage and/or FaceTime.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Newcomer
‎28-09-2020 04:26 PM
Hi there cant get mobile data working on my new 48 sim card, only works for short periods.
Posted from Samsung SM-J415FN
0 Likes
Highlighted

The Legend
‎28-09-2020 04:36 PM

Did you configure your internet/APN settings correctly?

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/Data-APN-Settings-i-e-Internet-amp-MMS-Settings/ta-p/53...

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Newcomer
‎28-09-2020 04:51 PM

0 Likes
Highlighted

Newcomer
‎28-09-2020 04:58 PM
I entered the APN but no joy, do i need a new mobile data pi n, the text i got yesterday was with the pin number 0000 but it didnt work...
0 Likes

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community