Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Re: Imessage and Facetime not Activating

Newcomer
‎28-09-2020 05:15 PM

hi i also cant get face time or i message to activate i even top my account up by 2 euro

1 Like
Highlighted

The Legend
‎28-09-2020 06:38 PM
Even if you reboot the phone and wait a bit?
Do you have an active membership?
You need one in order for SMS messages to send (including the UK ones that Apple activation uses).
Not sure if it matters in this context but have you configured your internet/APN settings for 48?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then please see here.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
0 Likes
Highlighted

The Legend
‎28-09-2020 06:43 PM
Just configure your internet/APN settings manually?

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then please see here.
0 Likes
Highlighted

The Legend
‎28-09-2020 06:45 PM
Just configure your internet/APN settings manually.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Newcomer
‎28-09-2020 06:47 PM
I have done this and I am just wondering what do I put in for username and password. Is there a set one or do I make my own?
Posted from Apple iPhone
0 Likes
Highlighted

The Legend
‎28-09-2020 06:51 PM
Just follow the instructions!
No username or password!

0 Likes
Highlighted

The Legend
‎28-09-2020 06:52 PM
These instructions

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/Data-APN-Settings-i-e-Internet-amp-MMS-Settings/ta-p/53...

0 Likes
Highlighted

Newcomer
‎01-10-2020 01:22 PM
I received my sim 4 days ago and i’m having this exact problem apart from I have tried everything suggested above and more and still no luck. Currently waiting for 48’s not so helpful customer services to get back to me with another solution - so far waiting 3 days. Added credit to my account, did phone off / on, sim in / out, sim in new phone, Log out of apple ID, sim in different phone, APN settings configured, Imessage / facetime off and on/ airplane mode. Anything else to suggest? Getting tired of waiting and considering going to GoMo or another network
Posted from Apple iPhone
1 Like
Highlighted

The Legend
‎01-10-2020 01:51 PM

In case it's of any use but I think it just repeats stuff that was already covered above...

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/iMessage-amp-Facetime-Set-Up/ta-p/53702

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Newcomer
‎04-10-2020 05:45 PM

Hi, I'm new to 48, just joined the other day and bought my first membership. I have changed my mobile data settings using the 48 APN settings as advised in other links so I will see how that works. I am due to travel to Northern Ireland in a few weeks so I'm hoping all will work up there. I'll keep ye posted!  Regarding the SMS situation with Facetime and imessage I'm also getting the same on screen messsages (I use an iphone). I have now put a €1 credit on my account, the changes haven't worked yet but I will try it again later this eve / tomorrow. I'm not a very tech person but I'm thinking of just turning both Facetime and Imessage off and leaving them switched off. I can always use regulars SMS text messages plus there's always whattsapp for messages and calls. In a nutshell, does this sound ok? Is there anything I'm missing here or would I be ok to go with this option?

0 Likes

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community